Sunday, April 30, 2006

Grace hates to shop. She reached that 4 month mark and now won't just chill in her car seat while I do my shopping. Oh no. She whines and cries and screams till she is taken out of her car seat, leaving me to push the cart while holding her and trying to concentrate on what I need to buy. Yesterday I went shopping with Grammy (aka my Mom). We load Grace up in the cart and just wander around Target becuase it's just fun. Well, Grace starts her whine/cry/scream thing and I explain to mom this is her new thing. We'll just ignore her and she'll stop.
She doesn't stop.
Mom asks if she should pick her up. I say nope, I'm not giving in. She can whine/cry/scream all she wants because we're not picking her up.
Guess who picks her up?
Me.
And guess who immediately smiles?
Grace.

Next time we go to the store, I'm bring along a blanket or two and she's going to sit in the cart like a big girl. And I will cry because she's a big girl already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure that's YOUR baby? Hates to shop??? Say it ain't so!
Love,
Nana