Tuesday, April 25, 2006

We started Grace on peaches Sunday and have had mixed reviews from them. She seems to like them alot when mixed up with her cereal, but she's not really a fan of them alone. She's eating cereal and peaches about twice a day now, along with her formula too. Everything has gone great with feeding her. She has really grasped the idea of eating with a spoon, and even though we make a mess while eating, she really does seem to like it.

She has started waking up during the night though. Not really waking up enough to stay up, but enough for me to get out of bed and go check on her. There she layes, smiling and kicking her legs like it's morning, when really it's very far from morning. So I give her her pacifier, and she's right back to sleep. We did that about 6 times last night. Not cool. I wonder why she's doing this. Maybe she's just trying to get used to her new food cycle or something.. I dunno. Around 6:00 this morning, I brought her to bed with me. She was cold and kicked off her blanket, and Mike had gone to work out, and it was to early to be up, so in bed she went with me. And we slept till 10:00! I think we were both tired from being up so much last night.

I love taking naps and sleeping with Grace next to me, but I worry about it too. Am I creating a bad habit by letting her sleep with me? Even if it's just a nap during the day? My baby will only be this age once, and I want to capture every single moment that I can.. but I don't want to encourage bad habits. I don't know if at this age she could even start a habit.. any thoughts anyone?

Most of you guys have heard me talk about my friend Wendy. I went to visit her about a year ago in Chicago. Well anyways, she's pregnant and just found out yesterday that she's having a baby girl!! I'm so happy for her! She thought for sure she was having a boy and so did I, but nope, it's a girl for sure! I cannot wait till she has her little one and I cannot wait to go shopping for her!!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Devon, both of my boys slept with me quite a bit as babies. Noah stills climbs in with me at night. I wouldn't worry about it. They won't be sleeping with you when they are in high school so enjoy it while you can. I loved the feeling of my baby next to me in bed. :)

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

Who cares if she developes a habit sleeping with you. That is the BEST habbit ever! My little Isaac refuses to sleep with me...he just wants to be put in his crib. So the times that he let's me rock him and the best!