Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The $46.00 onion


Next time you go grocery shopping, make sure you pay attention and check your receipt. Today I got charged $46.00 for an onion. One single little onion.

I thought my total seemed quite high for what I bought, but I still paid for my groceries and started to walk out. I didn't feel right about the total so I checked my reciept before leaving the store. I noticed a charge for someone odd (6 x 15 meat case?!?) and asked the customer service desk to help me figure out what that was. Well after about 20 minutes of looking thru my bags, we discovered the problem. The cashier had used the code (4600) for my onion, but instead of putting in the code then weighing my item, she just hit enter and charged me $46.00 for one onion! Whoooops! I did get a refund for that amount.. and you better believe I will start paying better attention next time I grocery shop!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Between you and Wendy - I think the Beach needs a refresher coarse in the art of grocery shopping!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kat!!

Teresa said...

I'm glad you caught that! Did they give you the onion for free?

d_evans said...

Yes they did. LOL! Could you imagine if they tried to charge me for the darn thing after all that?

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, Devon. I'm glad you decided to check your recipt. LOL