
On Monday, this girl will be seven months old. It's hard to remember life without her. It's like she's always been here.
I look at my baby and see the sparkle in her eyes, and wonder who she'll be. What she will do with her life, and who she will love. It's hard to think about her growing up, thinking I'm stupid or hating me, when I love her this much.
I hope she always feels the love I have for her, and knows that I will do anything for her. She is the reason I wake up, the reason I smile, and she lets me be a kid again. She laughs at my funny faces, says mamamamama, and reaches for me when she's upset. She sits up, rolls over and crawls backwards. Loves life and looks at every new thing like it's the best thing in the world.
Gosh I love this girl.
4 comments:
You brought tears to my eyes. Wait till she's ten and you tiptoe into her room to watch her sleep, wondering where the years went, and loving her even more still than you ever thought possible. I'll bet your breath catches in your chest sometimes when you look at her and are overwhelmed with all the feelings that hit you all at once. I think that feeling is my personal definition of -hurts so good. Enjoy her now, for she surely won't be little for long.
I think the pic in this blog entry is probably my favorite. :)
Lovely post! Gracie is so lucky to have such a devoted mom.
You've got a way with words Devon. Gracie is lucky to have such a great Mom and don't worry, I don't think she'll hate you. Who could?
She WILL always feel the love you have for her, Devon - of that I have NO doubt. During easy times, rough times, and inbetween times - she will never doubt her mommy's love.
Post a Comment