Thursday, August 10, 2006

Do you know what today is

...it's our anniversary. On this day, four years ago, I married my best friend and love of my life.




I look back over these four years and think about everything that has changed in such a short period of time. I think about our dating years before marriage, and all the good times we've had together. We were just kids when we started dating, and here we are almost 11 years later, and we're still going strong. I asked you last night, if you thought you'd still love me in 19 years. And your response was absolutely I will. I just want you to know Mike, that I will absolutely love you too.

You've given me so much in life Mike. Most importanly, our baby girl. She is the love of our life, and our sunshine. On the day I found out I was pregnant, I woke you up to tell you that the test said positive. You already knew. You knew I was pregnant before I did. She was meant to be with us.

You put up with me while I was pregnant. I say "put up" because I know it was hard on you. We had just moved, I was pregnant and a mess. I would cry and complain, and you never got mad at me or upset. You just hugged me and told me everything would be okay. And you were right, everything will be okay.

You were right there in the delivery room with me, and helped me through my labor and delivery. You never left my side and stuck with me through all the pain. You cut our babies umbilical cord when she was born. You thought she was perfect and beautiful. She was and still is our little angel.

You have given me so much Mike. Thank you. I look forward to our future, and what lies ahead for us. No matter what happens, we'll always have each other. And together, we can make it thru anything. Good or bad, happy or sad, richer or poorer, We can make it.

Happy Anniversary.

I love you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary :)

d_evans said...

Thank you anonymous! Do I know you?? :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! May you have many, many more!!

Kat said...

Devon, you are making me cry all over the place! Happy Anniversary Devon and Mike - and many, many more. May you be that elderly couple holding hands in the park that everyone is jealous of.

Mo said...

Great pics, Devon...and a wonderfully touching entry!

Happy Anniversary to you both!

daionara said...

awww you are such a sweetie. You made me cry you giddy thing you!

Tiffany said...

Devon...I am with the rest of them. Sitting here with a box of tissues. Congratulations to you and Mike with wishes for many more years together. Grace is a beautiful little girl...be proud.

Wendy said...

You three are precious, precious, precious!!!