NO! is quickly becoming our favorite word around this house.
No Grace, you can't pull the dogs hair out.
No Grace, you can't pull the cat's hair out.
No Grace, you cannot bang your hand on the big screen TV.
No Grace, you cannot eat that leaf/string/shoe/plastic bag/newpaper.
No Grace, you cannot play with the lamp cord/hide underneath the end table/rocking chair.
Pretty soon, she'll answer to No Grace, instead of Grace. It's gotten so bad that I've caught myself saying "Nononononono" and then wonder why Gracie crawls around here say "nononono" in her little baby babble.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I, for one, am so glad that you are using "no." Nathan's sister does not use the word "no" and I can not tell you how distrubing it is to try to reason with an infant. It's ridiculous! Children need to learn their boundaries, and frankly "no" helps to provide them.
/rant
Post a Comment