Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WAWERRRRRRRRR!

Gracie's new favorite thing to play with is water. (Or wawer as she calls it)
And it's fine to play with the water in the pool or in the tub, but when you start playing with the cat's water and the dogs water, and then you play with the water in toilets (public even.. I mean she doesn't care...) it gets a little GROSS. More than a little, it's alot gross. Makes me wanna scrub her hands with bleach and never let her use her hands again.
There are alot of things she does that don't bother me. I thought, before I was a MOM, mom's that let their kids pick food off the floor and eat it might be bad Mom's. I think that no more. Before I was a Mom, I thought it would be easy to take the pacifier away. Again, I was wrong. Before I was a Mom, I would hear kids screaming in the shopping carts at stores, and think...."what's wrong with that lady, why can't she control her kid????" Now, I'm that Mom with the screaming kid and I understand why she can't control her kid. Because the kid is now my kid, and she either a) hates me or b) hates shopping or c) hates both equally.

But getting back to the wawer thing.. water is now called pop in our house. She drinks water in her sippy cup usually with no problems, but now if she shes us drinking anything else, she must have it. So I open her cup up, "pour some pop, coffee, juice, milk, beer" in and give it back to her. It's just just plain water, but she thinks it's something special and drinks her "pop" like there's no tomorrow.
Is that wrong?
I don't care.

*jk kidding about the beer. Kinda.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Yeah right you guys give her beer all the time!

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Colin has "coffee" with us whenever he spends the night. He has his own cup with his name on it and thinks he very grown up! He watches Andy like a hawk and takes a drink every time Andy does....even holding his cup in the exact same way.

Anonymous said...

I remember those days!!