Grace woke up sometime in the early morning time, crying and saying "Mama". I went into her room after making sure she wasn't going to go back to sleep, and when I walked in she said "I miss you, Mama". Talk about making your heart melt right then and there. I was so tired, and so out of it, but those words made me wake up. I made sure she was okay, covered her back up and told her it was still night time. She layed there looking at me, and said it again. I couldn't help myself. I picked her up and held her, enjoying the sweetness while I could. I asked her if she wanted to go to bed with me, and she said yes. Of course, she wouldn't sleep so I had to put her back in her bed. I think this all happened sometime before 6:00 am. I was sure she would cry when I left her room, so I didn't let myself really fall asleep. She ended up talking to herself quietly and when Mike's alarm went off around 6:30, I heard her talking again. So I got her up and made myself some coffee, figuring it's probably time to get up anyways.
Yesterday was a pretty rotten day with my girl. She cried hysterically in the morning, wouldn't eat breakfast, time outs didn't work.. just one of those mornings that lead to a rough afternoon that included her not napping for me. She's just such a two year old these days. But those precious times, like the one we had this morning, are so special. Makes me realize, she is only two.
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wonder if she had dreamed something that made her miss you? I promise you, Devon, the terrible twos will pass. Hang in there!
Post a Comment