Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Naps

So, lately I've been struggling with getting Grace to nap. I've been trying to put her down later so she'd be exhausted, but by that time I'm so tired I honestly don't even want to put her in bed. She used to take a nap between 1:00 -2:00 and that worked perfectly. Then it went to 2:00 or later. Last week I tried putting her down after 3:00, and she would just lay there and talk (scream) to herself for an hour, till finally I couldn't stand it anymore and go get her. She wasn't screaming because she was upset, she just likes to make noise. When she doesn't nap, she's nearly impossible to reason with. She's so exhausted, gets really mean, yells, screams, and generally acts like a crazy child. It makes for a long night for me, especially if Mike is not home. I find myself counting down the minutes till I can put her in bed so I can have some peace.
Well, today I decided to try something new. I put her down for a nap right after lunch, and one show of her choice. Guess what? That was around 1:00 and she's sleeeeeeeeeeping! I'm so happy. Now who knows if this new nap time will actually work out for me, but I'm really not ready to give up on naps just yet. I want to hang on to them for as long as possible. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

UPDATE: Went to check on her, and found her like this.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

HAHA...I'm glad she napped. I am having nap issues with the boys too. Elias is growing out of napping and Isaac still needs a nap but doesn't want to sleep if Elias isn't.