Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Maybe she will

stay in diapers till she goes to college.

She doesn't seem to mind the diapers, and anytime we talk about going potty she says NO. She still soaks thru her diapers and I just don't know what to do. At this point I don't want to pressure her, since our lives are about to change alot, but it would be nice if at some point she showed some interest in going potty like a big girl. I kept thinking that we have till she's 3 and she'll be done before then. Well she'll be 3 in a few months, and with the birth of Addie coming soon, I just worry that she will be over 3 before this happens. I'm feeling like a bad parent, bad mommy, bad bad bad. I'm thinking I waited to long, didn't push her enough, or something to make this not happen for us. My hormones are in overdrive lately, and I know it. But I'm still feeling bad/guilty/bad for not having a potty trained child, yet. Or ever?

I do have about this much (_) patience anymore, and most days I just get frustrated or tired thinking about it. It's hard, very hard, for me to bend over and help her all day long. Or sit on the floor for an hour and wait for her to go, only to never go. Maybe it will be easier when I'm not pregnant, cuz then I'll only have a newborn in my arms. Sheesh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up over the potty training thing. Every child is different. She may be fully potty trained by her third bday or she may push beyond that for a while. One thing is for sure -- when the time is right, it WILL happen. If she is a little older, there is nothing wrong with it. When it is Addie's turn, she may be pt'ed by the time she it two. Or maybe not... You just never know. ((((Mom))))

Sandy.

The Vaters said...

Right now is not the time to worry about that and probably not for a couple of months after the baby is born. I would just keep the potty chair around and encourage her to tell you when she needs to go and if she doesn't, that's okay. There is going to be too much going on the next couple of months, that you don't need the added stress.

Grace is a smart girl, she will eventually go when nobody is asking her too.

((HUGS)) You are a great mom by the way and don't let this bring you down. They will only remember the love we have for them when they grow-up...not how long it took to be potty trained.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about potty training. Brody is 3 today and he's still at the same point Grace is. I have to let it go. We can't force them to use the potty, and notice how we're the ones that get upset, and they don't even care? We're not bad mommies b/c our kids wear diapers! I try to remember all the adjustments that Brody made so quickly and easily - if this one thing takes him a while, I think we're doing pretty good. Hopefully it will be easier when it's time to train Addie, having a big sister to help.