Grace is already outgrowing her newborn clothes. It's so not fair! I have to make sure she wears everything at least once before she out grows them. I don't want her to get big! Can't she just stay this small?
Last Friday I gave her a bath. And it totally tramatized me. I went to wipe her little face off with the wet washcloth, and she was so shocked by it that she stopped breathing for a second and I almost lost it. It was such a scarey moment that now I don't want to give her another bath! Of course, I have to.. eventually. LOL. Maybe I should just make her Dad do it. Yeah, I think that's a good idea!
We went to see Narnia yesterday with Grace. That was fun! She actually did really well in the theater, but she makes so much noise while she is sleeping that it sounds like she is crying or whining, but really she's just sleeping. I had to get up once and walk her around but overall I think she did really good.
I'm trying to get her to sleep in her bassinet at night by herself. Since we brought her home she's been in the bed with us, but now I've decided to put her in the bassinet, right by our bed at night. I think when she is in our bed though she is all nice and warm, and sleeps so much better. When I lay her down in the bassinet it's cold and there is no body heat, so it wakes her up alot more than when she's with us. So I didn't sleep very well last night but I'm hoping that it gets easier.
She's becoming alot more aware now and stays awake for longer periods of time. It's so fun to hold her while she is awake and just watch her every movement. She blinks her eyes, and turns her head toward the light or a sound she hears. I just love to watch her and kiss her chubby little cheeks. She looks so much like her Dad sometimes, especially when she gets mad!
Overall she is a good baby so far. And I'm so in love. It's so amazing that I can feel this much love for such a small little being.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It is so amazing the love that you feel! I am so happy to hear that she is doing good. Oh wiping her face with a wash cloth and scaring her is Ok. Like the second bath I gave Isaac I let the water drip down his face and he breathed in...oh that was not fun!!! Trial and Error...don't worry...you'll get the hang of bathtime :)
Devon, you were born to be a mom!
oh Devon, I think I need a new Gracie fix!!!! wait until you jump in the shower with her!!!! Katy never liked baths but she adored showers!!!!
Post a Comment