Friday, January 06, 2006

Grunts, squeeks and hiccups

Grace makes alot of noise when she is asleep. Especially when she first falls asleep, or when she is starting to wake up. Last night when we went to bed, for at least thirty minutes she laid there, asleep, making all kinds of noises. I'm used to it because I've slept with her everynight since she was born. Her Dad on the other hand is not used to it. He is constantly waking up and looking over at her to make sure she is okay, which she is. I just think it's part of who she is, and she likes to make some noise when she's asleep! She grunts, squeeks and whines.. so much so that I call her squeeky! She also hiccups alot, which drives me crazy. They seem like they hurt her, but she's okay with them. They keep her preoccupied though when they do happen.. like she is wondering what the heck is going on. She gets this confused look on her face till they go away. It's so cute.

3 comments:

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

How funny...Isaac grunted and squeeked so much when he was first born. He was always making noise. I do have something that helps those hiccups though. When she gets them, try nursing her...that usually takes them right away.

Kat said...

2 posts, and no pictures?!?! I can't help thinking back to the Christmas card I sent you last year...I wrote a little something special in it about hoping 2005 brings you all of your dreams and wishes - and it did!!!!

Dy said...

Evan used to get HORRID hiccups when he was a baby - gripe water was the only thing that got them to stop.

And yea- where are the pictures????