Thursday, January 19, 2006

Big day out

Yesterday, we ventured out with Grace. It was really cold outside but I reallly needed to get out of the house. So we bundled her up and went to grab some Chinese for lunch. This was our first trip out with Grace awake, and it was interesting. All the other times we've went shopping or out to eat, she's been asleep. This time she was wide awake. She did really good though. We both got to eat our food, me holding her almost the whole time. She was really intrigued by the lights at the Chinese place, and that kept her preoccupied. Then we went to Kohls because I was hoping to find some great deals on clothes for her. I had some stuff to take back there anyways. Again, she was awake during our whole shopping trip. She even worked up a good poop while we were there, and I took her to the restroom to change her and I realized I forgot the wipes! So from now on, I need to make sure I have wipes in the diaper bag at all times. LOL. She was also hungry so I had to make her a bottle and Mike walked around the store holding her so she could eat. I knew she'd throw a fit if we put her in her carseat without eating, so we strolled around the store so she could eat a bit before we left. As we were paying for a pair of jeans I bought, she decided to throw up! Mike I believe said "Oh shit!" It was so funny. I was to preoccupied with the fact that the jeans I bought were only $10 bucks to even think about what Grace was doing!Bad mommie, I know. But heck, she's thrown up on me a million times already and I'm so used to it, it doesn't even phase me anymore. But for Mike, it's almost the worst thing that could happen. The worst being her pooping all over him. Which she has done many times. What a good baby.
Tomorrow we go to her one month checkup and I'm excited to see how much she's grown. I'm wondering though about them giving her shots. I think she'll get shots at this appt, and I wonder how she will do. I hope they don't make her super cranky!

Mike was such a doll yesterday and let me sleep in. It was wonderful. Lately I've been really tired.. more than usual. I thought I was doing well with hardly any sleep but I think it's catching up and I'm feeling it. I go from having alot of energy to none at all, all in about an hour. But I do spend alot of time awake with Grace in the middle of the night-so much that I actually know what station to turn the TV too so I can watch my middle of the night shows. And I'm so bad about my shows, that even when she falls asleep, I continue to watch TV and not go to bed! And I wonder why I'm so tired in the morning..or afternoon when I wake up. I so want to be on a better schedule.. one that does not include me sleeping until noon everyday. My problem is though that I stay up at night with Mike. Most nights, he doesn't get home till almost 10:00, so I stay up with him till at least midnight.. and I'm up again by at least 2:00.. then again at 4:00.. or 6:00.. again at 8:00 or 9:00... you get the point. If I could go to sleep at 9:00 or 10:00.. I'd probably be able to get up earlier. One day maybe. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Grace is now wearing her 0-3 month clothes.. and I really don't think they will last her till she's three months. Some of her clothes are just fitting so I guess I have to break out the 3-6 month clothes here soon. Then after that, I'm going to have to do alot of shopping because most people bought her clothes from 0-6 months.. and nothing after that. She's so stinking cute. Have I mentioned that lately?

Tuesday night Mike wanted to go get ice cream from Dairy Queen. I said sure and I woke up my darling little girl to put her in her car seat, which she hated, and then took off for Dairy Queen. Grace starting crying.. more like screaming. We had to go to the ATM first to get some cash and by the time we got our money, we were on our way back home. Mike dropped me and the screaming kid off and he went to DQ alone. Grace was hungry and I didn't even think about the timing before we left! So I bring her in and start making a bottle.. and she's like hysterical. I feel so horrible and start to wonder what kind of mom I am?? Why didn't I think about this before we left. I make her bottle as quickly as I can, and get her out of her seat and she is so ticked off. I felt so horrible! So another learning experience here.. make sure the baby is happy and taken care of before going anywhere.. or eating ice cream.

My poor Sadie girl is so very jealous of our baby. I feel so bad for her! I've always called Sadie "Sadie girl" and now when I say "Gracie girl" she thinks I'm talking to her and comes running. She's very interested in Grace too though.. and thinks she needs to help me change diapers. She trys to sniff Grace all over the place and loves to lick her hands and face. Drives me nutz! She also is obsessed with her car seat, and each time we take Grace out of it Sadie goes over to it and licks it like I've coated it in gravy or something. I just don't get it! I'm hoping that eventually she will become a little less jealous and mopy, and start to be excited and happy again. I think we all need the weather to be a little nicer so we can get out and take walks. I know that would help Sadie.. and me too.

1 comment:

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

That is what motherhood is about...trial and error and then learn from it! I think Sadie will come around...she is just used to being your baby and now she is not anymore...she is the big sister!