Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Gracie!

Today my little Grace is a month old already! I can't believe she's been here a month. Time is already flying by. She is getting really big though. We go to the Dr's Friday and I can't wait to see how much she weighs now. She is so sweet! I know I say that over and over, but she really is. She is such a good baby. She is now sleeping in her bassinet everynight. It's so nice to have my bed back! She sleeps about 3-4 hours at a time now, so I'm starting to get more sleep at night. Sometimes though, she has her awake period in the middle of the night, so that gets really rough trying to stay awake with her when I'm so exhausted. But somehow I manage. Usually, when she wakes up for a bottle, she eats and goes right back to sleep, but last night she woke up around 1:30 and stayed up till 4:00! Somehow I managed to keep my eyes open that long, and when she finally fell asleep so did I and we slept till 7:30. Back to bed around 9:00 and up again around noon. Pretty much everyday I sleep untill almost noon, and sometimes I feel bad about that. But today I realized that I need sleep too, and if I'm up all night with her and I sleep in late, I'm not going to feel bad. We don't have anywhere to go and why not get my rest when I can. I know this won't be forever, and hopefully eventually she'll be on a better schedule where I can sleep more at night and not have to sleep in till noon! LOL

I'm so excited for my friend Wendy. I just found out that she is pregnant!! I almost cried because I'm so excited and happy for her and her husband. Knowing what I do now about pregnancy and having a baby makes it so much more emotional for me now when a friend gets pregnant. I just hope she has an amazingly easy pregnancy and a wonderful labor, and when her little baby gets here she is super excited like I was!

I'm so in love with my baby. I know I say that alot, but it is so true. I miss her when other people hold her, or even when she is sleeping and I'm not holding her. The bond that I feel for her is so amazing, and the love is literally breathtaking sometimes. I'm so overwhelmed with so many emotions about being a mom, I can't even explain it. I look at her and I'm still so amazed that I actually gave birth to her and she's ours, and we get to raise her and love her so much. I hold her when she's sleeping and stare at her face. The expressions that she makes and the noises she makes are so funny! She laughs and smiles, frowns and starts to cry all in one minute. I wonder what she dreams about. She is awake and aware alot now, and lifting up her head alot. She stares at my face and trys to mimic the faces I make. She turns her head towards my voice or her dads voice. She has found her hands and puts them in her mouth alot. She's already growing up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, I'm excited for Wendy too!
and YOU my dear, can NEVER say how much you love Gracie 'too much'!! its such a joy to repeat over & over again!!!!

can't wait to hear how much she has grown!

Kat said...

A month?! Say it isn't so.

And just think, when Wendy has questions - you'll be able to answer them with authority! Because YOU have experience now!

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

Wow!! A month already! I told you about this love before you had her. It is like no other.

Wendy said...

Aww, I just read this entry, Devon. You are SO sweet! But we already knew that! :) :)
And I love that you're so in love with your sweet girl. She is one blessed little baby!!