Grace Marie is here and life is good. I'm adjusting to my new role and loving it so far. This is what I'm here to do, be a Mom. The first few weeks were rough, but we're coming around and getting on a schedule. I'm adjusting to having her here, and my life now revolves around this little being. And she is so sweet. I can't get enough of her little feet or chubby little cheeks. I just melt when I hold her. And she already has her Dad wrapped around her little finger and he's in love.
Yesterday she got her first bath, and hated it. Cried the whole time but as soon as we got her out of her little tub and into her cute little towel, she was fine. She calmed down enough for me to get lotion all over her body and get her dressed. She then pooped all over her Dad, and it was so funny. He had her sitting up on his chest with his knees pulled up, and she started grunting and making funny noises. Then he felt the warmth on his stomach and I had to come and rescue him from all the poop. And it was alot of poop! I had to take all her clothes off, and clean her up and get her dressed again. So much for that bath!
Her hair is so cute. It's this wonderful golden blonde color, and right after it's washed it has some curl to it. I had hoped she'd have curly hair but that's just a hope. I have some curl in my hair, but I don't think she'll have that too. It went back to straight when it dried, and I gave her a little mohawk later on. I'm such a mean Mommie! LOL
I clipped her little nails today while she was sleeping. I was so scared I would hurt her but I didn't. She stayed asleep while I was doing it and I didn't make her bleed. Good Mommie.
Right now Grace is curled up on her Daddys chest and he's so in love. Life is so good.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, you are WAY too cute, Devon! I looove hearing you talk about Grace!
SO funny that she pooped on Daddy. Poor Mike - lol. Did you know that the VERY first thing I did when they handed me to my mom after I was born was poop all over her belly? Nice entrance into the world, eh?
It's cool that you started another blog all about being a mommy!! I'll be checking it often, so keep the entries comin'! *smooch* to you and Grace!!
I will look forward to reading this and keeping up with how you're all doing!!
Post a Comment