Monday, June 19, 2006

Mom's big night out

Saturday, I went out. With friends. Without Grace.
Insert shocked face here

I was invited to a bachlorette party for my friend Jill's friend Traci. So I decided to go since I haven't had a night out in along time. Mike had to work late, so Nana got to watch Grace. I was pretty anxious about leaving her. It's not that I don't trust Nana with my baby.. it's just I've never left her before for a long period of time, and I was worried about my baby. So I dropped her off around 6:00 or so (made it out of her house without crying...) and headed to the party. I called about an hour or so later to make sure Grace was okay.. and she was crying. Debi assured me that she had just started to cry, and that everything was okay. And everything was okay. I think about another hour went by before I talked to Debi again, and Grace was perfectly fine. I did leave my house keys with Debi, hoping that maybe she'd bring her home so I didn't have to spend the whole night without her.. but she didn't. Grace stayed with her Nana all night, and even went to church with her on Sunday before she came home. When she finally got home, I could not hug her enough. Grace seemed pretty excited to see me too.. even if she did have fun with her Nana. ;o)
So now I'm thinking about letting her keep her again someday..
I think I'll be ready when Grace is about 18 or so.

Oh, and about my night out. I had a blast! We had a limo and went out dancing, and had a great time. I haven't been dancing like that for many many years!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Devon, I'm so glad that you got to go out and enjoy yourself!!! And, I bet Nana was *thrilled* to have the baby all to herself. (Nana's like that kind of thing...showing off their grandbabies.) You and Mike should plan some exciting, romantic weekend, and take advantage of Nana's generosity before Grace moves into that "I need my Mama" stage and won't let anyone else even look at her!

Teresa said...

Devon - I'm glad you got out and had a good time. I love it when Colin spends the night, so I can imagine Grace's Nana was very excited to keep her. :-)