Saturday, June 17, 2006

So, I suck

I was just checking out my little blog here, and realized that I only had one post inbetween her 5 month bday and six month bday, and the post had nothing to do with her! So, I'm a horrible mother. I know. It's okay, you don't have to make me feel better. I know in the back of my mind that I need to keep this as up to date as possible, since I'm doing nothing else to remember her first months of life. So with that being said, here is an update of things that she has done recently.

She rolled over again on Thursday. That's the second time she's ever done it and it doesn't seem like she really cares if she does it again. She will lay on her belly and pull her head up really high, and start to pretend like she wants to crawl, but she doesn't. Eventually she just gets mad and crys and her nose runs and I have to roll her over myself, and then we do the whole thing over again and again, because I'm convinced that she'll get tired of me rolling her over and just do it herself! (Happy now MOM, I rolled over. Now go make me some food already, geez.)

She also loves her arms now. They are a new part of her body to her, and she's really figuring out that they do cool things. She really loves to sit on my lap while I'm eating and reach for my plate or fork or food or whatevershecanget and try to throw it on the floor. She also loves my hair and jewelry, which is why 99% of the time it's up and out of my face. So it doesn't get ripped out by the roots. She also loves to play with her toys with her new arms, because they really help her get the toys into her mouth which is where everything goes these days.

She is in LOVE with our pets. In the morning when I bring her back to bed with me (she wakes up, but I'm not awake so we cuddle in bed till I can wake up) the cat will usually come lay with us for a minute and she shrieks when she sees him and trys to pet him (pull out all his hair in one fist full) and the dumb cat actually stays and lets her do it! She thinks he is the coolest thing since eating food off her spoon. Sadie will come up to her while shes in her exersaucer and lick all the places I wish she wouldn't (her hands and face and toys) and Grace will sit there, fluttering her eyes, smiling huge and loving every second of it.

So that's about it. Or that's all I can think of at the moment. I will try not to suck so bad in the future!

3 comments:

daionara said...

Awww Sadie is helping!

Teresa said...

I would love to see a picture of her and Sadie together!

Kat said...

Yep...I admit, I was beginning to think "Devon sucks"! ;)

Gracie is just getting to that age, when she will explode...I bet the rolling over and crawling will happen in one swoop. You better have your seatbelt on!