



I'm to traumatized to talk about it.
**Okay, I'm back to update this post. Seems that some people can't see the pics and are a bit freaked out by what I wrote. Sorry about that!**
So, I got Gracies ears pierced. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and finally decided to go ahead and do it after my neighbor called her a "cute little boy" the other night. Now I know, having her ears pierced won't stop that from happening, but I kinda felt like it would help a bit. (And it has! The vet today noticed her earrings and commented about them..) So maybe some people will realize now that she is a little girl.. even though she looks just like her daddy.
Well, as you can see in the picture, I wasn't alone on my little adventure. I asked Deann to go along with me, because she's good like that and I knew she wouldn't let me back out.. and she could hold Grace while I cried. ( I didn't cry, by the way.. almost did.. but didn't.) So after picking out some cute little earrings and the girl attempting to mark her ears and make them even.. she gets out the piercing gun.
I wanted to scream "I'm not ready yet!" but I didn't. And before I knew it the first one was done, and Grace was the one screaming. On to the second one, done, and more screaming. Everyone in the mall probably heard my baby scream.
I try to calm her down, but it ain't working. I hand her to Deann while I thank the girl, take pics and try to calm myself down. After about five minutes, she's perfectly fine like nothing ever happened, and life is back to normal again.
Well, almost normal. But now she has HOLES IN HER EARS.
5 comments:
Oh my word! So tiny to have her ears pierced! Did she scream?
Oh wow did you scream??
They are still beautiful little ears on a beautiful little girl, just embellished a bit! But just as beautiful, tears and all :o)
Nana
They are so cute though!! It probably scared her more than hurt her though.
Poor Gracie!!
I was called a boy for years. Mostly because Mom kept my hair short like the boys, dressed me in thier cast offs and generally made me wonder WHY she wanted a girl so badly if she couldn't at least dress me like one. But then at the age of 4, ear piercing. Miracle cure? Nah. Still got my hair cut at the barbers and Mom got told what a nice group of young men she had.
Post a Comment