Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tired Mama

My baby has spoiled me. She has been sleeping thru the night since she was about two months old, with the occasional wake up here or there.. but always going back to sleep. Around four months I think, she started waking up at night, but always going right back to sleep. Well the last few nights, she's been waking up many many times at night. Night before last, I swear I was up at least a dozen times with her. Last night, probably about six or seven times. She just wakes up and starts talking! I don't understand why and I'm so tired from waking up all night long. I know, I shouldn't be this tired.. but she really has me spoiled and I hope this is just a phase (a very short short phase) and she'll start sleeping all night again! I need my sleep! In the meantime, I guess I'll get another cup of coffee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried letting her talk it out? I had a friend who was in the total "My baby's up, I have to be up" mindset and it almost killed her. (Not really, but she was really, really tired.) Someone else suggested letting the child be by themselves, and wouldn't you know it...the kid went to sleep after a couple of minutes! BTW - this is Kat...I cleared my cookies, and forgot my password.

daionara said...

Yep what she said. If she's not fussing, just let her chatter. Alex used to do that too. I much prefer that to the sleepwalking she did from around 3 to around 7.

Kat said...

Look! I got my name back!

Anonymous said...

Good luck. My youngest didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time from birth until he was 3! Daddy-o didn't help either!