Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Poopy nights

I don't know when it started, or how, but sometime in the last few months Grace has decided that the best time to do a number two.. is while she's sleeping. I don't understand how this can happen, and she doesn't wake up for it. I know if I had to go number two while asleep.. I'd wake up for it. Anyways, Saturday night sometime, Grace went poo-poo and I didn't discover the mess till the next morning when I changed her diaper. And man o' man.. that poor babies butt was raw. So we've been dealing with a horrible case of the diaper rash this week. Thankfully today it's almost all gone! I felt like the worst mother ever that morning when I discovered the poo.. and poor Grace screamed her head off when I tried to clean her up.

3 comments:

Renee said...

I think they all go thru that stage, Devon. I know both of my boys did. The easiest way to clean them up is to put them in the bath and poor water over them. The warm water helps it comes off easier and if you leave the water running (and draining), it doesn't pool yucky water around them. It helps the rash heal faster too. Hugs to you both.

Tiffany said...

Aww, poor Grace. As Renee said a warm bath with the water runing is the best way. That screech when you have to wipe that raw spot is the worst, I remember that sound and it still makes my skin crawl. Take care and hugs to Grace and mama.

Anonymous said...

I remember that happening also. She'll outgrow it. Running water is the best!