I'm on the computer earlier checking emails, updating this blog, etc and Grace gets crankly. I pick her up and sit her on my lap waiting for her to get down and run away from me as usual. Well she doesn't get down. She has her blanky and her bink and she's tired. She's not moving. I start rocking side to side while I'm reading stuff, and she starts to fall asleep on me. I turn her around to snuggle with her and out she goes, right to sleep. It's been a long time since she just fell asleep on me. Usually I have to lay her down in her crib for nap time and bed time. On the rare occasions that she snuggles with me, I make it a point to stop everything else and just hold my child. She's growing up, getting bigger and bigger by the day. Everyday it's a new word or a new skill. Everyday she's growing more independent and smarter. Everyday I hold her and tell her I love her. But on days like today, I want to freeze time and hold my baby forever. I don't want to put her down, I don't want her to grow up. I don't want her to not need me anymore.
What if today was the last time she fell asleep while snuggling with me? What if she never needed to snuggle with me again?
Today I just want to hold my baby forever, and never put her down.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad your updating again! Great posts. She is a ham!
She sure is beautiful! And, just an FYI...I'm 40yrs old and still need my mama, so don't fret that.
Post a Comment