Monday, September 10, 2007

You know it's been to long...

...when you try to update your blog and you cannot remember the password! Hello!

Well, it's not like I haven't been busy though. We did go on vacation at the end of August, and it seems like ever since then my mind has still been on vacation! I think it takes me a whole week of recovery time just to get back in the swing of things. (okay, maybe more than a week !)

Vacation was awesome though. We had a really great time if you don't count the horrible car ride down there (Grace was EXCELLENT, traffic on the other hand was a NIGHTMARE) and the fact that both Grace and myself got sick while being there, and then throw in the car ride home that started with Grace barfing in her carseat, and pretty much didn't get any better for the whole darn day.

On Saturday we left the house around 4:30 AM and finally arrived at our house around 7:30 that night. Like I said before, Grace did great on the way down. We used the portable DVD player alot (Thanks Jill!) and that really helped. Plus I had lots of surprises for her that kept her occupied most of the time.

On Sunday, we were up before everyone in the house I think so we headed down to the ocean. I could not wait to show Grace the water and let her play in the sand. I swear, showing your child the ocean for the first time is probably the best feeling in the world. Watching her play in the sand, and run to her Daddy to hold her because her feet got wet, and then slowly as her curiosity gets to her, no longer being scared of the water but instead wanting to run and play in it. I love the ocean, and having my family be on the beach together that morning was so amazing to me. We could have turned around right then and there and came back home, and I would have been so happy to have shown my baby the water, and been completely fine with going back home. But luckily, we had six more days to play in the ocean with her.

Here are some pictures of her first time at the beach..



















The wild horses that roam the beach are just amazing to me. They are beautiful, and when you get up close to them you can tell just how wild they are. They have scars on their faces from fights, and when you look into their eyes you can tell that they are not domesticated at all. They are gentle though, and I even fed one and apple out of the palm of my hand. It was amazing, and I was terrified, but you only live once right? Grace absolutely loved the horses. She calls them "neighs" and even got a stuffed pony from the lighthouse gift shop to bring home with her. She is in love with this horse, and carries it around with her most of the time.















We went to the lighthouse this year, something I really wanted to do last year but didn't have time. Unfortunately we got there right as it was closing, so we didn't get to climb all the way to the top, but it was still great to see it and take some pictures of it. I've never seen a "real" lighthouse before, so just seeing it in person was enough for me. Plus, after we found out it's about 15 stories to climb to the top, we all kinda changed our mind on that one.





















The rest of the week was spent swimming in the pool, playing in the ocean or just relaxing and watching TV. Grace talkes about the water all the time, and everytime we leave the house she looks at me, says water while shaking her head yes, because she wants to go back to the ocean. I love the fact that she loves the ocean as much as we do, and hope that when we go back next year she has just as much fun as she did this year.
Here are some more pictures from our vacation....















all of us, minus Mike!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like it was a great time. I am soo jealous!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too!!!

Mo said...

Tag!!

(I hope you come over and play...)