Grace is twenty two months old today. Apparently though, she thinks that close enough to being two to get away with being in the terrible two's. I'd really like it if she waited till she was two before she acted like she was two, but she thinks this is close enough for her.
She pretty much thinks everything in or around this house, car, store, outside world is hers (MINE!!!!!!) and should immedietly grab whatever object is MINE and either throw it across the room OR hold onto it like if she looses it she won't be able to breathe.
She is VERY independent, doesn't really want help unless it benefits her in some way. Like I'm allowed to get her a drink but only because the juice is up to high in the fridge and she cannot reach it. But don't expect her to take the cup from me.. oh no. Most of the time I have to set it down then she'll take it, only to say MINE and give me the LOOK. (the Mike look)
She hates shopping and the carseat. But I should be used to this because she's hated it her whole life. I keep thinking one day, she'll finally love it and shopping will be fun again. Until that day though, it's a hassle and I cannot believe I actually punish myself almost weekly by taking her to the store with me. I try everything too. Treats, drinks, books, toys, her baby, new toys, things from the store that keep her occupied for .01 seconds. Everything. She still hates it.
OH yeah, and we're not allowed to go on walks anymore unless she's pushing the stroller.. which really isn't that productive really. Can't brush her hair either, because having your hair fixed messes with her look and she cannot be seen with nice hair. People might think she is civilized or something.
Being twenty two months is way to close to two, and if two's will be like this, I'm running away.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awh!! The MIKE look for sure!
Don't run away!!
:o) love u!
Does Mike know he has this "look?" And, that he passed it along to his spawn? LOL! May I suggest a really good babysitter and scheduled date nights for when those terrible 2's do hit? Honestly, I know it's really hard - but I can not wait for those stories!
Post a Comment