Gracie's preferred dinner these days... Fruit snacks as an appetizer, followed by a main course of Goldfish crackers, a banana and then a yogurt for dessert. Every night, I try to give her what we're eating. I make her up a plate of yummy looking food, on her favorite Elmo plate, with a big girl fork, and she not so politely flat out REFUSES to eat what I've made, unless there is some kind of bread, and she'll eat that but not the crust. It's so frustrating, that I'm literally to the point where either Mike and I will just eat and Grace can wonder around the house, or I'll make her a plate of bananas and yogurt, and get on with life. Unless of course, we're having her favorite PIZZA! and she'd eat a whole pizza by herself if we let her.
I'm not really worried about her eating healthy, because as you can see, she prefers the healthy stuff. I just wish I could get her to realize that there are other things to eat in life besides fishys and nana's.
4 comments:
Ahh, the ever-popular fishies and nanas!! I hear ya! "Nana" was seriously one of Lissy's first words.
I betcha this is another one of those crazy phases and within a week or two she'll probably want whatever Mommy and Daddy are eating. Let me know if I'm right! ;)
....Okay, girl, time is a-tick-tick-tickin' away....where's your entry for today? Hee! :D
I think it's pretty normal for kids to go through phases of wanting the same thing to eat. As long as it's healthy, I wouldn't worry too much.
Post a Comment