Somewhere along the line, Grace picked up how to count to 10 or so in english and spanish. I could with her all the time, but not normally in spanish. I think it must be Go, Diego, Go! That's teaching her how to speak spanish. It's quite possibly the cutest thing ever. Yesterday she counted to four in spanish.. Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, then five six in english. So she's picking up how to be bilingual, and I took spanish in high school and can't even speak a sentence of it. How funny is that.
Thanksgiving is coming this week and I'm really excited. I've even got most of my Christmas decorations out for Thursday. Growing up, I remember going to my Aunt's house and she always had her Christmas tree up for Thanksgiving. I loved that, so that's what I did this year. Today I spent the whole morning running up to the attic to sort thru boxes, bringing stuff downstairs, rearranging the furniture, keeping Grace occupied while I put up the tree. She doesn't really seem to be interested in it yet, but it's also not decorated either. It looks so nice in my living room, having my holiday stuff out. I know in about a week I'll be sick of it, but at least I got the majority of the decorating done and now can concentrate on cleaning and organizing the house for Thursday.. my most favorite holiday of the year.
I realized Saturday that by baby girl is turning 2 in a month. Wow did that ever sneak up on me. Someone asked me how old she was while we were out shopping and I said without even thinking, she'll be 2 in a month. Wow.. only a month. Where has the time went? It's just not fair how fast they grow up. She is alot of fun though for a 2 year old. She likes to tell me when she's "playing" with her toys, when she's "hiding" from me, and when she's "running" around the house. "I playin' mommy.. I hiding mommy.. run, mommy run"! She also likes to jump, alot, and this morning she was jumping so much I thought she was going to knock over my lamps in the living room.
Yesterday she wore her first real pair of jeans. I went thrift store shopping last week with Lys, and spent $12 bucks on 7 items for Grace.. one being a $2.00 pair of Old Navy jeans. I thought I'd be disappointed when I put them on her, and they would be too tight, but they fit her just right! I've been looking for jeans for my baby since she was teeny tiny, but they never fit her right. They always were to tight around the belly and to long if I went up a size, and she's been wearing stretch pants or elastic waisted pants forever. I really wanted her to have some cute jeans, and now I have hope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She's going to be 2?! Oh my.....I can't believe it either. She is such a little doll...I love reading about her.
And her jeans look great on her!
:o) Swipper no swipping.
Aw, Thanksgiving is your favorite holiday - I didn't know that! Cool!
I bet she IS learning all that Spanish from Diego. That's too cute. Once again, I wish I could be a fly on the wall over there to see her cute little antics!
Post a Comment