That's Gracie's new "thing". She calls everything a baby. She'll be playing with a toy and tell me it's a baby. In this really sad like voice and she turns her head to the side and gives me sad eyes. She'll be eating dinner and say her nugget is a baby. It's just the cutest thing ever, although I'm not quite sure where she picked it up at. A few weeks ago she also started "saving" everything. If I'm sitting on the floor with her she'll help me up and say "I'll save you Mama". Again in the sad voice and the sad eyes. She's quite the little drama queen. I honestly cannot believe the stuff that comes out of her mouth. Complete sentences, counting, speaking spanish, it's amazing. She also likes to tell me her emotions. "Mama, I'm happy.. sad.. excited.. " How does she know this stuff?? The other day she wouldn't take a nap and when I went to get her she said she was to excited to nap! (It was her birthday though.. so she had reason to be excited!)
I took her in for her two year checkup yesterday at the Dr's. She's 34 inches tall, weighs about 32 lbs and has a huge head! She got one shot which she HATED, but she was fine after she got a sticker. And the Dr asked all the normal questions about her development. She said she's very advanced for her age and thinks we might have a "gifted" child on our hands. I kinda had that feeling because she is so darn smart, but don't want to get ahead of ourselves here. I mean she is only two! We'll know more as she gets older and when she starts school.
Only a few more days left till Christmas, and I'm getting excited. Everyone we talk to asks Grace if Santa is going to come visit her, and she just looks at them like they are nuts. "Santa who??" is what she's probably thinking. I just can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning when she see's her gifts. I hope she's excited!! And another bonus for Christmas day is that Mike will actually have a day off and we get to see him! Yeah!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment