Friday, December 21, 2007

Baking cookies with Mama


















Grace and I did a little Christmas cookie baking yesterday evening. I've already made a bunch of cookies before, but we're out and I wanted to take some to Mike's work so we had to make some more! I did the toffee bars and the chocolate chip cookies while Grace napped yesterday, then when she woke up we made the cut out sugar cookies. She had a blast helping me roll out the dough and cut out the stars. I only did stars this year to keep it simple and easy, plus Grace loves stars. She even sang "Twinkle Twinkle little star" a few times for me. I had Christmas music playing and the Christmas tree on, and we had ourselves a good Christmas baking time. I wanted to put together our Gingerbread house but we ran out of time, because "How the Grinch stole Christmas" came on at 8:00 and we had to watch that! So tonight after we get back from visiting Mike at work and having a late lunch with him, we'll put together our Gingerbread house.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like Gracie may be the next Betty Crocker! LOL

Anonymous said...

Very Sweet! She looks like she had a lot of fun too!