Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know, 11 days late. Well lots has been going on and I don't really have time to sit and think. We started off the year with Mike and Grace being really sick, and then Mike got better and Grace did not. Well I took her to the Dr's today and she has walking pneumonia! I couldn't believe it. I thought maybe she just had some congestion and it would go away. I had no idea it was that bad. Her Dr made me feel better about not taking her in sooner. She said I did the right thing by waiting, because so many kids get on antibotics to much and it causes them to have a weak immune system and then their bodies can't fight off infections. She gave us some meds for her to take (I almost forgot she was allergic to Amox!) and said call us if she doesn't get better.
I really hate it when my baby is sick. She's been acting pretty normal considering, but she's having a hard time sleeping. The other night she was coughing so much that I went to wake her up and give her some cough medicine. Well she took the meds and then started crying. I picked her up and she puked all over the place. I yelled for Mike, and he brought us a towel. But she just kept getting sick, it was so sad. We finally got her to calm down and I cleaned up the mess. I almost took her to the emergency room right then and there. But she slept well that night and was okay yesterday. After her nap yesterday though, she was coughing alot, and acting like she could not breathe. It was SO scarey, and I didn't know what to do. She wouldn't talk, so I thought she couldn't talk, and whenever I asked her to breathe she just cried. I finally got her calmed down enough to drink some fluids, and then she finally relaxed. She was better for the rest of the night. She even slept really good last night, but this morning first thing I decided that I didn't want to go the whole weekend with her like this and made the appt. I'm so thankful that she has such a good Dr's office that we can get right in on the same day we call. Even though it's a drive to get there, it's so worth it.

So along with being sick, she also started gymnastics on Monday and had a blast! We took it back in the fall, and I decided to sign her back up again for the winter. We've got to have stuff to do to get out of the house in the cold months, or else we'd both go crazy. So anyways, we started last Monday and we'll go for 6 weeks and then decide if we want to go again. We also started up storytimes again at the libraries around here, and are still hanging with our playgroup when we can. Life's always busy for us, but thats a good thing!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

oh those antibiotics ;) I know you too well sista