Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Potty training files

Since Grace is two now, we've decided that it's time to start potty training. I'm taking this slowly, because I feel like if you rush them or push them, it can create problems later on down the line. So I started keeping her potty out, in the living room, so that whenever she feels like it or I'm changing her diaper, I can have her sit on her potty and "go potty". She doesn't actually go potty yet, but she's getting the idea. I've been taking her potty with me probably since she could walk, so she knows what's going on and is not scared of the toilet. She's always very interested in what's going on and asks allot of questions about it.
A couple of weeks ago when I decided to keep her potty out at all times and have her use it, she decided that it had to be filled with water for her to sit on it. She sees our toilet and it has water, so she insisted that I put water in it before she'd even sit on it. And once she was "done" I'd dump the water out. But then next time, I'd have to fill it up again before she'd sit on it. Now I keep it filled with water. Yesterday, I asked her if she wanted to go potty, and she said yes. What I did not know though was that she had already went number two in her diaper, and it was stuck to her butt. I sat her on her potty and it fell in the water. When she got done, she noticed the poo-poo in the toilet, and got kinda excited about it. She helped me flush it down the toilet "Bye bye poo-poo" and then I got her dressed again. This happened again later in the night, and again we did the same process of flushing the poo and saying bye bye poo!

I'm sure that I'm going to have lots of interesting stories about potty training, so stay tuned.

Most importantly though, if you don't like poo talk, don't read anything that has POTTY in the title.

5 comments:

Kat said...

I am totally laughing out loud here...first a post about boogers, now about poo! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

ditto kat from nana!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is if you are offended by poo talk, DON'T HAVE KIDS! :D

Have you talked to her about all the pretty big girl panties she can have when she starts using the potty all the time like a big girl? The promise of big boy underwear and big girl panties was the deal clincher for both my kids. *oooOOOoooo aaaaahhhhh...*

Anonymous said...

I just read an interesting blog post on potty training (trying to get up the nerve to take the plunge with my 2.5 year old!) Check out http://askmeanmom.com

Anonymous said...

Haha your sick- Bubbas getting to you, first boogers now poop! :D

Gracie went potty!