(*this is just a picture I found online, not our actual baby*)I cannot even believe that I'm 30 weeks pregnant already, almost 31. Time sure has flown by alot faster with this baby than with Grace. (By the way, this baby almost has a name!! We can agree on the first name, just not the middle name) I remember being pregnant with Grace, and literally feeling like she would never come. But life with a toddler makes everything go by SO MUCH FASTER. I mean, she's already 2 1/2, and it seems sometimes like just yesterday she was born. I keep thinking about this baby, and the lack of sleep and time I'm about to have. Then I remember or try to remember how fast Grace has grown up. Babies don't stay babies forever, so I hope that I can enjoy this time with this baby, since it will most likely be my last, and I also hope that even though I will be sleep deprived and tired, I can make the most of the time I have with both my newborn and toddler. Grace will be going to preschool soon (probably not till January, if I can find a place) and then she'll be starting school and then grown up and married. Well not that fast but kinda like that. This baby I'm sure will grow up even faster, being the second, and then I probably wonder where the time has went.
Yesterday I had my checkup at the Dr's, I go every two weeks now till I'm about 36 weeks, then once a week. (Oh joy) I got the results of my glucose testing, which I passed with flying colors (82 out of 140) and Grace got to go with me to the Dr's. I've only really taken her for ultrasounds and maybe one other time, but most of the time I go alone. I actually really enjoyed taking her, she was really good. She got so excited to hear her baby sisters heartbeat and the Dr I saw yesterday was really impressed with Grace. She could not believe how well she spoke for only being 2 1/2. She said she talks like a 5 yr old! Well yea, she certainly does speak well for her age. And she made everyone smile and laugh in the office. It was just a nice experience and I plan on taking her for the rest of my appts if I can.
I feel pretty good these days. For the most part, my first and second trimester came with alot of hip and back pain, almost daily. Pain so bad I would just want to cry. But for some reason, I haven't had hardly any physical pain since being in my third trimester. It's so odd, must be the way she's laying in my belly, but I'm not complaining. I do have alot of pressure down low in the front, which makes me run to the bathroom 100 million times a day, but I'll take this over the constant physical pain. I just hope this continues for the rest of my pregnancy, although I know that probably won't happen. I have alot of energy too for being 30 weeks, which is something I'm grateful with Grace. She doesn't like to nap these days, and that's usually when I need to rest for a little bit. So I just curl up on the couch for about 20-30 mins and hope I can rest enough to get me through the rest of the day. When I think about my first pregnancy, resting whenever I wanted too, I sometimes miss those days. But when you have a toddler, you have to make adjustments and make due. Maybe a little bit more caffiene with this pregnancy than the first. (hehe)
2 comments:
WOW! I thought that was YOUR picture. Way to make us all freak out! :o). Good Blog Devon, Love reading your work.
You and I are on the same schedule as far as days. You are 30w and 5 days and I am 9 weeks and 5 days. :) You are 21 weeks ahead of me but you get the point!
I think you may be wrong about your assumption that the second baby will grow up faster. I feel that Elias grew up faster and Isaac has grown up at the right speed :) LOL
Post a Comment