Is more like what she did yesterday. Everytime I put her on the pot, she'd pee. But she consistenly have wet pull-ups. So guess what, pull-ups don't work. I knew this, I think, guess I was just hoping for the easy way out. Ain't going to happen.
I still think you have to know when you have to go to be potty trained, and if you don't know what that feels like, than it's really only luck when you get them to actually pee on the potty.
We'll keep trying today.
Friday, August 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Try letting her run around with nothing on her bottom. Then if she pee's she knows she did and it will remind her that she needs to go on the potty. I did this with both of the boys and it took about 2-5 days to get undies on before they would not pee in them.
I agree with Kara. That's what I did with Zachary. Kept him naked - yeah, there were a few accidents for a couple of weeks but he eventually got it. Pull ups are only used at night and nap. I don't even bother putting them on when we go out. I bought a Baby Bjorn mini potty and we use that when we're out. She'll get it soon...she's a very smart girl.
Brody is the same way--he gets the idea, but he just doesn't recognize when he has to pee. He tells me after he wets his undies. It upsets him b/c he really wants to go in the potty and keep his Diego undies dry. He just doesn't know. He's been wearing pull-ups for well over a year b/c he would never lay down for diaper changes. So those don't really work as training pants for us.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Grace and Brody (and you and me!) that we all make it through this soon!
hi my son is having the same problem. he is now 5 and he won't stop wetting his pull-ups. my suggestion would be to put her back into diapers intil she can't fit in them anymore. then talk to her and tell her they don't make diapers bigger. then she will have to use the potty. also try using the cool alert pull up. they work very well. good luck!
Post a Comment