Wednesday, August 18, 2010

c25k

So today I found out that Couch 2 5K has a app for my phone. I've been wanting to start running again but keep putting it off. So today I downloaded that app and got on my treadmill. I let the kids play with their toys in the basement while I started the program, and 7 mins into it Grace had to go potty and Addie needed a diaper change. *sigh* That's usually why I don't bother to exercise. But instead of just stopping I got off the machine, took them upstairs, changed a diaper and waited for Grace and went back downstairs and started where I left off. And I finished it! Gosh it's amazing how hard it is just to run. Seems so simple, but when your out of shape it's not easy. But I did it today, and have to do it 2x more this week. I can do this!

Grace, my sweet princess, never stops talking. Ever. I swear today we talked about everything from the moon in the sky to the reason why birds fly faster than we can run. Her little brain is amazing. The things she remembers and how smart she is just blows my mind. She was talking and talking today in the car and finally she said "im going to rest my brain for a minute" which made me just laugh. Even she realized that she needed to take a mental break!

Addie has been talking so much lately, and it's just amazing to hear her little voice, say things like yes and sissy and be able to put sentences together. She copies her sister all the time, it's very sweet to see her learn from her older sister. She's also gotten so big! She's just about caught up to Grace at 2 and might even be taller than Grace at this age. Amazing to think how small she was when she was born and how far she's come.

No comments: