Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Grace is such a happy baby. I love her little smile and the way she talks to us everyday. She is getting more and more vocal everyday and it seems like at only 9 weeks old she has so much to say!! She looks around so much at her surroundings and is able to recognize my face and her Dads. She loves her daddies voice and really responds when he talks to her. She is laying next to me on the bed right now, moving her arms and legs and talking to me. When she sleeps, she moves her mouth up and down like she is sucking on something. Her eyes are the most beautiful shade of blue that I have ever seen. The other day I put her in her bouncy seat, and for the first time ever she reached up and moved one of the toys. I heard it rattle and knew that she made it move! I put a rattle in her hand she she grabs it and moves it, then wonders where that noise came from. She won't take a pacifier for anything sometimes, and other times she needs it to sleep.
One thing I don't really like that she has recently started is she wants to go to sleep by herself. She gets all cranky and tired sometimes, so I hold her and try to comfort her. She just gets more upset and if I lay her down and leave her be, she falls asleep on her own. I hope she goes back to needing me to fall asleep. I mean yeah it's nice to just lay her down and let her go to sleep, but I like to cuddle and hold my baby, and pat her bum till she falls asleep.

She has started to really enjoy her baths lately. She doesn't even cry at all! Here is a picture of her after her last bath.... think she's happy or what?

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 comments:

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

I know exactly how you feel. Isaac doesn't "need" me anymore to comfort him to sleep :( It is really sad! But the last couple of nights he has wanted Mommy which is a big change because he is so independant.

Wendy said...

I can't believe how ALERT she is! I think you have an *extremely* smart little girl on your hands, Devon!!

Anonymous said...

Devon - she's absolutely beautiful...and I love the way you write about her!