to NAP TIME!
But I think that I have no other option. I miss the days of a guaranteed nap time. When it was 2:00, she'd be in bed, snoozing away and I'd have a little me time in the afternoon. Nap time was my sanity time, time for me to get caught up on things I needed to do, or just chill out and sit in silence. (depending on the day) Nap time was my favorite time of day, and now they are gone. Sure she'll sleep some days, but usually not till after 4:00, then I have to wake her up later that night and hope she's ready for bed by 9:00. Sometimes she'll fall asleep around 7:00, and sleep till morning. But she does not want (or need??) a regular nap anymore. Wait, she does need it. If she doesn't get rest, she's crazy. I mean CR-A-ZY. But I can't force her to stay in bed anymore since she has a big girl bed and honestly it's more stress for me listening to her scream for me when I put the gate up on her door. (Last week I used the gate for the first time, hoping she'd give up and get in bed. She didn't. She screamed for 30 mins straight, then told her Nana that night that I locked her in her room because I was mad at her)
Oh joy.
So I guess it's time I say goodbye to nap time on a daily basis, and just take advantage of the times she does rest/sleep/zone out watching Spongebob. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Does she sleep when you drive with her in the car? Elias just started giving up naps and Isaac still needs one but sometimes does not get one every day because Elias doesn't sleep so he wants to stay up with brother.
Also, have you tried napping with her? Sometimes that is the only way I can get the boys down for a nap is if I lay with them in my bed. I love nap time!
She'll only sleep in my car if we're out in the late afternoon. Usually past 4:00 or so. I have tried napping with her. She won't lay with me :o(
Aww man! Will she nap watching a movie? LOL I used that with the boys too. Let's see what else....coat her with that lotion...that seemed to work...lol ;)
Oh no! I hope it's just a phase *crossing fingers*
Well I'm trying again today. We'll see.
Post a Comment